“Compassion automatically invites you to relate with people because you no longer regard people as a drain on your energy.” — Chogyam Trungpa
Can you think of anyone more deserving of your love and gratitude than a family caregiver?
This question started hunting me last week …and with the exception of my parents for being who they are, and the impact they’ve had in my life, I couldn’t figure out who else would be next in line in terms of relevance and importance as much as a family caregiver!
I’ll bet you a turkey leg you can’t!
Caregivers in general, whether they work through an agency, a family caregiver, or a volunteer, are invaluable …they are such an integral part of the fabric of our society that I shudder to think what would happen if they weren’t around.
So who better than a caregiver to show some warm and loving gratitude to this holiday season …here’s how you can do that!
- If you are related to someone caring for your parent with dementia or Alzheimer’s, offer to give them a day off on a day that best suits their schedule, and you can take over for a day.
- Send a handwritten note expressing your gratitude, love, and appreciation for their hard work and dedication.
- Replace them for one day with another caregiver and give them a gift card to a Spa, massage, or Salon day.
- Offer to help them at their own home, pay for a cleaning lady, car wash, or grocery shopping.
- Offer to help the caregiver with Holiday decorations, preparations and gift wrapping . Things like put up a tree, X-mas lights and any other tasks that could prove challenging with their busy schedule.
I’m sure you can come up with at least a dozen more meaningful ways to say thank you to a caregiver, by the way if you do, please share it with us in the comments below!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!Claudio Alegre is the CEO & Chief Content Writer for Angel Home Care Services on the Web and Patient and Family Advocate off the Web. He lives in Miami with his wife and 3 boys. He's passionate about healthcare and all things caregiving. He can be reached at [email protected] or directly at 305.220.4544
ATTENTION! Get Your Free Report on How To Get Help at Home for an Elderly Parent… without going broke in the process!
We help families get the personal care services at home they need and deserve regardless of the insurance landscape or personal situation!
(305) 220-4544 [Miami Dade Area]
(877) 746-8908 [For Out of Area Families]